No matter how careful you are, you are always open to false spam complaints.
You can get upset or you can take more proactive measures to prepare yourself. 3 Proven Ways to Make Your Newsletter Make You Money Today.
Don’t rely on the fact that you are innocent.
Your innocence or guilt usually has no bearing on the outcome.
It’s no comfort knowing you are innocent, if your site is shut down or you lose your mailing list. How to Close More Online Sales Through the Magic of Questions?
There are some simple steps you can take to protect your business.
1. Find out your ISP’s spam policy.
Some providers will close your account on the first complaint proven or unproven. If this is your providers policy, look for one that will take the time to investigate.
It’s too late once your account has been closed.
2. Use a marketer friendly list service to host your opt in list.
Fellow marketers usually know how rampant false complaints are and won’t shut down your list without hearing your side of the issue.
3. Back up your list daily.
It takes time and effort to build a solid list. Don’t let it disappear overnight.
4. Make sure your web sites are hosted by services that will let you explain your side of the story, before they shut you down.
Marketers have lost sites getting 1,000 or more visitors a day, because their host reacted without warning. 8 Easy Steps To Creating A Money-On-Demand Machine.
5. Set up email accounts and links to be used in the resource boxes of your articles.
Some spam software will go after every link in a newsletter. It’s better to lose a throwaway account than have your main accounts shut down.
6. Set up email accounts and web pages to use in ezine ads.
7. Keep back up copies of your follow up auto responder messages.
8. Never send email to someone you don’t know.
Avoid those cd’s offering thousands of safe addresses. They aren’t safe.
You can take these simple steps and protect you business, or you can protest your innocence while your scrambling to salvage your business.
Don’t be a victim. Take the bull by the horns and protect your business.
No one will do it for you.